What is Authentication?
Authentication is the process of confirming a user’s identity, usually via a username and password. Authentication ensures that the user is allowed access to the secured system.
Authentication is all around us, anyone who has an account online has to step through authentication procedures each time they login. Even handheld devices use authentication, such as a passcode, or Touch ID and even Face ID. In each case the aim is the same: Is this person who they claim to be?
Kitura supports various types of authentication:
- Authentication with HTTP Basic
- Authentication with Facebook
- Authentication with GitHub
- Authentication with Google
- Authentication with Dropbox
- Authentication with Twitter
Add logging: Get useful feedback from your server about startup and errors
Add routing: Add REST APIs, such as HTTP GET, to your server